Thursday

22.7.2010

Had another science lesson again today. Today, we were asked to predict what will happen when metals are placed in water. I predicted that it will sink. Out of my expectations, not only did the metal not sank- it floated, it even somehow 'swam' around the water surface. The different metaIs, one after another was put into the dish. Each time the results are even more astounding than the one before. I thought that it was amazing. I never knew that this will happen until today when I see the video. Also, according to the video, it is caused by the giving out of hydrogen by the metals. The lesson in the the afternoon was really interesting and I look forward to another lesson like this. But there is something I don't understand; why do metals give out hydrogen when it is placed in water?


BYeee,
Ng L! XiAn

No comments:

Post a Comment