Tuesday

17.8.2010

Lesson was at the chemistry lab yesterday. We did a experiment on chromatography. We were asked to choose a paper of our choice to conduct the experiment on; I choose the circle one. Then drip a drop of dye in the middle of the paper followed by drips of alcohol until the dye reacts. For me, the dye 'spreaded' and changed into different colours - dark green> lighter green> blue. In my opinion, the mixture(dye) reacted with the alcohol, and break down into its constituent substances. And we also were given a chance to go up the front to see the distillation set-up Mdm Riza has made. From there, I learnt that the little objects in the round-bottomed flask are called porcelain chips/ boiling stones. They are used to slow down the boiling process and prevents overheating as the heat is distributed to the porcelain chips/ boiling stones. That's all I want to say.



bye,
Ng L! XiAn

No comments:

Post a Comment